From OSE SRD
Sailors who make a living by raiding coastal settlements and robbing otherships. Typically ply rivers, lakes, andcoastal waters; occasionally oceans.
|Armour Class||7  or 5 |
|Hit Dice||1 (4hp)|
|Attacks||1 ×weapon (1d6 or by weapon)|
|Saving Throws||D12 W13 P14 B15S16 (1)|
|Number Appearing||0(see below)|
- Ships and crew: Depends where encountered. Rivers or lakes: 1d8 river boats(1d2 × 10 buccaneers each); coastal waters: 1d6 small galleys (1d3+1 × 10 buccaneers each); any: 1d4 longships (1d3+2× 10 buccaneers each); ocean: 1d3 small warships (1d5+3 × 10 buccaneers each). (See Water Vessels for details on ships.)
- Arms: 60% of group have: leather armour, sword; 30% have: leather armour, sword, crossbow; 10% have: chainmail, sword, crossbow.
- Leaders and captains: For every 30 buccaneers, there is a 4th level fighter. Each ship has a captain (7th level fighter).
- Fleet commander: 9th level fighter. 30% chance of a magic-user (level 1d2 +9); 25% chance of a cleric (8th level).
- Treasure: Divided between vessels. Instead of carrying aboard, may have a map to where it is buried.
- Havens: Lawless, fortified, coastal towns may act as a haven for buccaneers and pirates.