From OSE SRD
Dwell in hills and mountains. A subspecies of dragons; A proud, ancient race of gigantic, carnivorous, winged reptiles. Are egg-layers and hoard treasure in their lairs, far from areas of human civilisation.
|Armour Class||-1 |
|Hit Dice||10** (45hp)|
|Attacks||[2 × claw (1d8), 1 × bite (4d8)] or breath|
|Movement||90’ (30’) / 240’ (80’) flying|
|Saving Throws||D6 W7 P8 B8 S10 (10)|
|Number Appearing||1d4 (1d4)|
- Behaviour: Usually try to eat humans, but may sometimes capture them.
- Pride: Immensely proud creatures and will always listen to flattery.
- Attack pattern: Always attacks first with its breath weapon, then either breathes again or makes melee attacks (equal chance of either).
- Breath weapon: 90’ long cone of fire. 2’ wide at the mouth, 30’ wide at far end. Can be used up to three times per day. All caught in the area suffer damage equal to the dragon’s current hit points (save versus breath for half).
- Energy immunity: Unharmed by their own breath weapon or lesser versions thereof. Automatically save versus similar attack forms.
- Language and spells: 50%; 3 × 1st level, 3 × 2nd level, 3 × 3rd level.
- Sleeping: 10%. May be attacked for one round with a +2 bonus to hit. May sometimes pretend to be asleep!
- Subduing: Will surrender if reduced to 0hp by non-lethal attacks.
- Age: See main Dragon entry.
- Lairs: A dragon’s treasure is always kept in its well-hidden lair and is seldom unguarded.
See Dragon for more information.