From OSE SRD
Ugly, bad-tempered, animalistic humanoids who live underground and are active at night. Sadistic bullies who hate other living creatures and delight in killing.
|Armour Class||6 |
|Hit Dice||1 (4hp)|
|Attacks||1 × weapon (1d6 or by weapon)|
|Saving Throws||D12 W13 P14 B15 S16 (1)|
|Morale||6 (8 with leader)|
|XP||10 (leader: 10|
|Number Appearing||2d4 (1d6 × 10)|
- Hate the sun: –1 to-hit in full daylight.
- Weapons: Prefer axes, clubs, spears, or swords. Only leaders can use mechanical weapons (e.g. crossbows, catapults).
- Craven: Afraid of larger or stronger-looking creatures, though leaders may force them to fight.
- Leader: Groups are led by an orc with 8 hit points. The leader gains a +1 bonus to damage rolls. Leaders have defeated other orcs in combat to gain their position.
- Orc chieftain: A 4HD (15hp) chieftain rules an orc tribe. The chieftain gains a +2 bonus to damage rolls.
- Giant companions: For every 20 orcs, there is a 1-in-6 chance of an ogre accompanying them. There is a 1-in-10 chance of a troll living in the lair.
- Tribal: Orcs of different tribes may fight among themselves, unless their leaders command them not to. Each tribe has its own lair and has as many females as males, and two whelps per two adults.
- Mercenaries: Orcs may be hired to fight in Chaotic armies. They delight in wanton killing and razing of settlements.