From OSE SRD
Sailors who make a living by raiding coastal settlements, robbing other ships, and illegal slaving. Typically ply the open seas. Renowned for their ruthless and evil ways.
|Armour Class||7  or 5|
|Hit Dice||1 (4hp)|
|Attacks||1 × weapon (1d6 or by weapon)|
|Saving Throws||D12 W13 P14 B15 S16 (1)|
|Number Appearing||0 (see below)|
- Ships and crew: Depends where encountered. Rivers or lakes: 1d8 river boats (1d2 × 10 pirates each); coastal waters: 1d6 small galleys (1d3+1 × 10 pirates each); any: 1d4 longships (1d3+2 × 10 pirates each); ocean: 1d3 small warships (1d5+3 × 10 pirates each).
- Arms: 50% of group have: leather armour, sword; 35% have: leather armour, sword, crossbow; 15% have: chainmail, sword.
- Leaders: For every 30 pirates, there is a 4th level fighter. For every 50 pirates, and for each ship, there is a 5th level fighter. For every 100 pirates, and per fleet, there is an 8th level fighter.
- Fleet commander: Fleets of 300 or more pirates are led by a pirate lord (11th level fighter). 75% chance of a magic-user (level 1d2+8).
- Treacherous: Will attack other pirates, if they can profit from it.
- Prisoners: 25% chance of 1d3 prisoners to be ransomed.
- Treasure: Divided between vessels. Instead of carrying with them, may have a map to where it is buried.
- Havens: Lawless, fortified, coastal towns may act as a haven for pirates.