Potion of Control
From OSE SRD
A potion of this type allows the one who drinks it to control the actions of creatures of a certain type.
- Concentration: Exercising control requires concentration.
- Visual range: The character can only control creatures that they can see.
- Suicidal commands: Controlled creatures will resist commands that are deadly to themselves.
- Affects: Up to 3d6 Hit Dice of normal or giant (but not magical) animals.
- When the potion’s effect ends: Affected animals will move away.
- Affects: 1–3 dragons of a specific type. (The referee should determine which type of dragon the potion affects.)
- Spell casting: It is not possible to command a dragon to cast spells.
- When the potion’s effect ends: Affected dragons have a hostile reaction.
- Affects: 1–4 giants of a specific type. (The referee should determine which type of giant the potion affects.)
- Usage: A charm may be placed upon a human within 60’. One target may be charmed per round.
- Resisting: The subject may save versus spells to resist the charm.
- Maximum subjects: Up to 6 Hit Dice of humans may be charmed in this way. Normal humans count as ½ HD.
- Charmed individuals: Regard the character as a trusted friend, and will come to their defence. They will obey the character’s commands, as long as these are not obviously harmful and do not contradict the subject’s alignment.
- Affects: All plants (including plant monsters) in a 30’ square area up to 60’ distant.
- Commands: Affected plants may be commanded to move around as the character wishes, and may be used to entangle creatures in the area.
- Affects: Up to 3d6 Hit Dice of undead.
- When the potion’s effect ends: Affected undead have a hostile reaction.