From OSE SRD
(Redirected from Squid, Giant)
Giant, ten-armed cephalopods. Two of the ten arms are larger, and may be used to attack ships. Dwell in the depths of the sea, only surface to find prey.
|Armour Class||7 |
|Hit Dice||6 (27hp)|
|Attacks||8 × small tentacle (1d4 + constriction), 2 × large tentacle (1d4 + constriction or 1d10 hull damage), 1 × beak (1d10 or 2 hull damage)|
|Saving Throws||D12 W13 P14 B15 S16 (3)|
|Number Appearing||0 (1d4)|
- Crush boats: 25% likely to wrap the 2 large tentacles around a boat, doing 1d10 hull damage per tentacle. When the large tentacles are grappling a boat, in subsequent rounds, the beak inflicts 2 points of hull damage automatically.
- Grab crew: 75% likely to grab crew from the deck and drag them underwater to be eaten.
- Constriction: Tentacles grab and constrict after a hit. 1d4 automatic damage per round.
- Severing tentacles: Requires a hit that inflicts 6 or more damage (8 small tentacles) or 10 or more damage (2 large tentacles).
- Ink cloud: When escaping, can emit a cloud of black ink (60’ diameter) and jet away at 3 times normal speed. Maximum twice a day.
- Gargantuan specimens: Two or three times larger can be encountered.